Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I am a Couponing Queen!

OK...not really! However, I have been following the coupon blogs this week and picked up on some great deals. I won't bore anyone with the details, since no one really reads my blog and anyone who might read already knows the deals I found. I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the great bloggers who helped me find my Meijer and Kroger deals. A special thanks to Carolina Clipper, Nickels-n-Dimes, I Am A Money Magnet!, Living as Mom, and Kingdom Klipper for inspiring me this week.

I have been saving my coupons and dating the inserts since last fall. For some reason (laziness???) I haven't taken the time to do any serious matching with them. This week, I got down to beginner business.

My husband was quite pleased with my Meijer purchase tonight. He even took a photo and sent it in an e-mail to our parents and siblings! I guess all of that cheap Lysol got to him. The only bad thing - now I need to use it all and clean my house!


I have also learned that I need to be a "clip them all and put them in the binder" kind of girl. I have my inserts dated and filed in order right now, but there were many times during my two trips this week that I wished I had access to all of my coupons while in the store. I like the cleanliness and orderliness of the file folder method, but, it is not very mobile. I worry that I won't be able to find the exact coupon that I need if they are all cut apart. I guess I can give it a try and go back to the other way if it doesn't work.

Overall, I think I am hooked! Now, I have to make CVS and Walgreens work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment